i hate banking...i hate american banking.



follow up from this post...
 "are you going to live in asia?"
"yes. probably.  i've been in asia too long now.  the ease of life is too easy to get accustomed too.  i just can't deal with little things like..." -- i went to the bank with kim today and was wondering why she was filling out all the forms herself.  why wouldn't she just get a teller to do it for her..."  and no matter how much the language barrier annoys me in korea, there is full (asian airline carrier) service for the patron...(now that i've figured out the system).  i seriously hate american banking.  i visited bank of america today to update my account information, confirm all transactions and then do some banking.  while i was doing all of that, i asked questions as to how to prevent my previous account activity issues and an explanation for bank of america's incompetence.  she immediately got defensive, no longer helpful and entered the realm of textbook customer service replies.  a bunch of sorry's and a bunch of excuses.  a bunch of old hag faces giving an undertone of "i don't want to be here so i won't do anything to serve you the customer"...
i can't take it.  my atm card works now.  FINALLY.  first time since august?  tho i don't plan on using it anymore.  chinatrust.  woori bank.  and dbs.  i use them.  they have the vip line or expat line that i dont have to do anything at all.  i sit down.  they take my jacket.  i give them my ID and banking account books.  they ask me if i want coffee or tea. i tell them what i want to do.  they fill out all my forms.  i drink my coffee.  i sign the forms.  i enter my pin a few times.  i finish my banking and then i ask for some personal advice.  they smile.  help me out.  and when i leave, they get up and wish me goodbye.  it's a pleasant visit.  it's so friendly, it makes u want to visit them more, deposit more with them.  just to have that midday coffee.
another reason to love this side of the world.  right portion.  so good.  and at the lounge nonetheless. 
Untitled

0 comments: