DR AND MRS MICHAEL CHAU!




 
Who gives this bride today? 
family and friends…Please be seated. 
Grandparents, Mom and Dad, Uncles and Aunties, Family, Peers and Friends 大家好。  안녕하십니까.  Welcome and thank you for being here on this important day to celebrate the special love between Michael and Yoori by joining them in marriage.  We are met together in the presence of their dearest family and friends to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. This is indeed a joyful time in which we witness their love joined together….
what is love??
"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love." - Erich Fromm (1900-1980) German-American Psychoanalyst, Social Philosopher
Good afternoon everyone.  How is everyone doing today?  Good?  Let me take a second to introduce myself…My name is Alexander Chin.  Most people here already know me, but for those that don't know,  I'm not an actual speaker of faith.  I'm not a speaker of love.  In fact, i probably have no place preaching about anything.  i'm just Mikey's college friend, turned drinking buddy, turned patient.  turned drinking buddy.  that just so happens to be an officially recognized in 3 states as Reverend Chin.  and so when mikey and yoori asked me to be here before you today, i was not only flattered and happy, but it also solidified my place in their life.  half officiant,  half deliquent son number 2.  frank being number one.  i still remember when mikey said to me..."she is the one....she makes me a better person..."
“For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation.” – Rainer Maria Rilke

***

<>

Please join hands...

These Hands
These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love,
that hold yours on your wedding day.
These are the hands that will work along side yours as you build your future together.
These are the hands that will passionately love you and care for you throughout the years.
These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief torments your mind
and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.
These are the hands that will give you strength when you struggle,
and support and encouragement to chase down your dreams.
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children, and help keep your family together as one.
These are the hands that will, countless times, wipe the tears from yours eyes,
tears of sorrow, and tears of joy.
And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled with age, will still be reaching for yours,
still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch---- a touch from these hands

PLEDGE
Yoori do you take Michael to be your husband, to love him, to cherish him, and to continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion? {I do.}

And Michael do you take Yoori to be your wife, to love her, to cherish her, and to continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion? {I do.}

Please join hands, face one another and repeat after me: 

Michael,
you are my beloved, to love and to cherish, and to have and to hold, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in sadness and in joy, to share our lives together, from this day forward.

Yoori
you are my beloved, to love and to cherish, and to have and to hold, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in sadness and in joy, to share our lives together, from this day forward.

UNION
You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment.  at some point, you decided to marry.  from that moment of yes, to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making commitments in an informal way.  all of those conversations that were held in a car, or over a meal, or during long walks - all those conversations that began with, "when we're married", and continued with "i will" and "you will" and "we will" - all those late night talks that included "someday" and "somehow" and "maybe" - and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.  all these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding
this process is justa way of saying to one another, "you know all those things we've promised, and hoped, and dreamed - well, i meant it all, every word"

look at one another and remember this moment in time.  before this moment you have been many things to one another - acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, even teacher, for you have learned much from one another these past few years.  shortly you shall say a few words that will take you across a threshold of life, and things between you will never quite be the same.  
for after today you shall say to the world - this is my husband.  this is my wife.
  

VI.        EXCHANGING OF THE RINGS
TO BEST MAN  "May I have the rings”?
BLESSING OF THE RINGS
The wedding ring is a symbol of eternity. It is an outward sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two hearts in endless love. It is a circle that has NO beginning and NO ending. It is symbolic of eternal love for us.
 TO GROOM: (Michael)
Michael, as a token of your love and of your deep desire to be forever united in heart and soul, you may place the ring on Yoori’s finger to seal the vows that you have made to her." 

Repeat after me:
“Yoori, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows,
 and with all that I am,
 and all that I have,
I honor you.
 With this ring I give myself to you.
I place my strength in the service of your happiness.
Your dreams I will share.
Your burdens I will bear.
From now until forever I will be incomplete without you.
I thee wed”.

c) TO BRIDE: (Yoori)
Now, Yoori you may place the ring on Michael's finger to seal the  vows that you have made to him." 
“Michael, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows,
 and with all that I am,
 and all that I have,
I honor you.
With this ring I give myself to you.
I place my strength in the service of your happiness.
Your dreams I will share.
Your burdens I will bear.
From now until forever I will be incomplete without you.
 I thee wed”


VI.        PRONOUNCEMENT OF MARRIAGE: (Michael)
 “You have entered into the holy covenant of marriage, held sacred by almost all religions since the dawn of time. May your joy last forever and your disappointments be few.
By the power vested in me and in the name of the State of BEAUTIFUL 뉴 저지. I hereby pronounce you husband and wife.
TO GROOM
Michael, you may kiss your bride.

VII.     PRESENTATION: 
Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present to you for the first time,  Mr. and Mrs. Michael CHau.

VIII.  RECESSION

0 comments: