modern day self help...

"being busy is a form of laziness - lazy thinking and indiscriminate action." - t. ferris

cyber world has brought upon us a whole new era of business and social lifestyle. along with that comes of course the by products of cyber-updated self help, of which t. ferris is ur modern day freud. he's taken new age methods to expedite old age problems. and he's completely taken it to a whole new level..."outsourcing a fight with your wife"...HAHAH...he's truly got some balls (apparently he's never dated korean women before...)

I decided to test the next logical relationship: my marriage. these arguments with my wife are killing me - partly because Julie is a much better debater than I am. Maybe Asha can do better:

Hello Asha (his virtual assistant): my wife got annoyed at me because i forgot to get cash at the ATM...I wonder if you could tell her that i love her, but gently remind her that she too forgets things - she has lost her wallet twice in the last month. And she forgot to buy nail clippers for Jasper. - AJ

I can't tell you what a thrill I got from sending that note. It's prety hard to get much more passive-aggressive than bickering with your wife via an e-mail from a subcontinent halfway around the world

The next morning, Asha CC'ed me on the e-mail she sent to Julie.

Julie (tims wife): Do understand your anger that I forgot to pick up the cash at the ATM. I have been forgetful and I am sorry about that. But I guess that doesn't change the fact that I love you so much...- AJ.
PS This is Asha mailing on behalf of Mr. Jacobs.

As if that werent' enough, she also sent Julie an e-card. I click on it: two teddy bears embracing, with the words, "Anytime you need a hug, I've got one for you...I'm sorry."

- 4 hour workweek - t.ferris.

**

since my moms been a bit more internet and email saavy as of late, maybe i should find a virtual assistant in china to aid with my own troubles....



0 comments: